Guide to transferring the CE Mark

Why do I need a CE mark?

From 1st July 2013, any manufacturer placing construction products on the market must affix a CE mark. The product must also be accompanied with a Declaration of Performance (DoP) under European Regulation 305/2011 (Construction Products Regulation, or CPR).
The harmonized standard for welding consumables under the aforementioned Regulation is EN 13479:2017. The standard specifies the general conditions of supply for filler metals and fluxes used in the fusion welding of metallic materials. It allows the manufacturer to affix the CE mark  
on any products placed on the market while respecting the requirements contained therein.

The CE mark allows you to:

  • Ensure that the product performance matches that declared and that it was obtained by applying the applicable European harmonized technical specification
  • Market the product in any country in the European Single Market using the same documentation
  • Compare the various products on the market based on the same technical approach